Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Stop Calling Me!

Look people I know you are an expert (or think you are) in the field that was covered in CSI: Miami last night. I know we stretched a few things on the episode last night. I’m certain you could’ve educated us better on rifling characteristics of a silencer or how to track a blog post to its author. I know it’s my job as researcher to give the writers the correct info. And you know what? I do my job. I give them the facts. The writer’s then take what I give them and make them fit the story. Yes, that means embellishing or stretching the facts a little. This is TV drama. The story comes first. I now cringe during every show when a forensic technique or science fact is not perfectly correct, because you guys are going to hassle me with calls the next day. How about you tell your friends, family, coworkers, or strangers we’re wrong? Show off to them. Just stop calling me. I have work to do, and you’re pissing me off. And you know what happens when people piss me off (See below).

No comments: