Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Bits O' Music

WAIT! Look I know you usually hit the back button once you see the “Bits O’Music” title, but I need your help on this. I’ve recently heard the band UFO mentioned in artists interviews. I had never heard of them, so I researched a little on them, and got a hold of some songs. My first reaction was, “How the hell did I not hear of these guys?” It took awhile to find a CD or even an MP3. iTunes didn’t have it. Amazon only had imports. Then recently UFO albums started appearing on iTunes, and remastered CD’s became available. It upsets me that I missed out on these guys. This is great classic rock. So my question to you is, have you heard of them? I realize I had a lot of catching up musically since my conservative youth, and some bands have slipped through the cracks. But, I can’t imagine a so called “popular” band like this passing me by especially when I was in my classic rock phase. My favorite song of the few I’ve listened to so far is “I’m a loser.” I love the piano and the build up to the end. It’s great power ballad stuff. Again, if anyone (Tim, Bobby, PLW) can shed a little light on these guys, I’d appreciate it.

UFO-I'm a Loser

If you are an artist or artist representative being featured on this blog and want me to take down a song, let me know, and it will be removed from the server immediately.

2 comments:

bobby said...

Brad, remember in Wag the Dog when they needed an old song called Old Shoe, so they had someone sing it, scratch it up and put it in the Library of Congress as proof? Same with this band. It never existed.

Tim said...

I have no recollection of this song.