Thursday, July 21, 2005

I Hate To Admit It

I admit it. I can be an annoying snob when it comes to movies. But that's not what I hate to admit. Every once in awhile some trailer will come along that will get me excited for a movie that no right thinking aficionado should be excited about. And that has unfortunately happened this summer and it's...The Dukes of Hazzard. Yes. I realize I've just shot to hell any and all credibility I might have had. But, please stay with me on this. There is only one reason I want to see this movie. It's not the comical high jinks of Knoxville and Sean William Scott. It's not Jessica Simpson in skimpy outfits. It's not Burt Reynolds playing Boss Hogg. It's the car stunts. I dig great car chases and stunts, and I'm not talking some CG generated slow mo effect adulterated chase like in the second Matrix. I want my car chases to be real. French Connection...great. Bullitt...outstanding. The Gone in 30 Seconds remake...travesty. The last great car chase on film was in the movie Ronin. In fact I would say it's one of the greatest ever put on film. The final chase in Borne Supremacy was decent but still doesn't come close to Ronin. It is not an easy thing to pull off a great car chase, but the trailer for Dukes gives me hope. Three things in the recent international trailer spark that hope. The first jump is pretty cool. The drift around the circle in town is very cool. That final jump onto the freeway makes me giddy. I get so excited I watch that last jump a few times over. There is still a great chance that I will be greatly disappointed like I was after seeing the Transporter. But we can dream can't we? So there it is. I hate to admit it, but I really want to see the Dukes of Hazzard movie.


YEEEEHAWWWWW!

2 comments:

MOL Junior said...

off the subject i would like to point out how INCREDIBLY MOL it is of the 3 trombones to NEVER visit your site/comment. you are extremely generous on their site...yet where are they on yours?

so, to conclude: i would like to suggest that you consider switching mol junior to #1 on your links listing and dropping them to #3 at the highest.

Bradford said...

I will take it under consideration. I also like how you gave me comment about creativity in your blog, and then my next post is about wanting to see Dukes of Hazzard.