Monday, July 25, 2005

Amanda's First Visit to LA

My youngest sister was kind enough to visit me before she went off to college. (Sigh) They grow up so fast. So, here's a little pictorial of her visit. Perhaps this will help you when you visit LA.

The first few days were uneventful because I had to work. Mandy was left to her own devices in Long Beach. She took advantage of the fact that I am only a few blocks from the beach. She photographed what she thought were oil derricks, but it was actually the Port of Long Beach. It's not really her fault, though. How many towns do you actually have to make that distiction?
We were able to go out to few fun places at night. The favorite being Open Sesame in Long Beach. It's a nice small Mediterranean eatery that I reccomend.

Our big day was Friday. I gave her the CSI: Miami tour. Unfortunately, they are shooting in Miami, so she didn't get to see any Caruso action.













She had her first In n Out burger. We then hung out in Hollywood and I took her to mecca. My purchases: Teenage Fanclub's new album, Mumps restrospective, House of Bamboo DVD, and Notorious Criterion Ed. DVD.
Amoeba can be quite overwhelming on your first visit. After that pilgrimage, we went next door to Arclight Cinemas where we saw "The Island" (not so good) in the Cinerama Dome (so good). To show her that I had friends, we spent the rest of the wonderful evening in conversation with Tim and Bobby.

Saturday was a day of rest after such an eventful Friday. We just mosied around Belmont Shores. We watched my Notorious DVD since she hadn't seen the Hitchcock classic. Sunday, Mandy convinced me to get this thing called a microwave. It apparently cooks food without fire! I also bought pot and pans with which you can cook food IN! Amazing.







Mandy then had her first taste of Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. She admits her life will never be the same after her Carol C. Special. I had the classic Poor Boy.










The rest of the night was spent relaxing, while we watched "that team of mine" play a wild one against the rival Cardinals. "That Team" won with a grand slam in 1oth. Soon she might join me in the misery of being a C- a fan of that team. Also, Mandy thinks Harold Reynolds is cute.
It was a wonderful time spent with a wonderful sister. Soon one of my other sisters tranfers out to Arizona, so I'll finally have a sibling living on this side of the Mississippi River.

6 comments:

MOL Junior said...

i was told arclight is "gaytown".

MOL Junior said...

neifi! neifi! neifi!

Bradford said...

No. Where I live is "gaytown." Arclight allows me to choose where I want to sit, and not wait in line three hours to see Star Wars.

Anonymous said...

I don't think you went into great enough detail on your sister's visit to our place.

BTW, how would you feel if Bobby started seeing her?

--T

Bradford said...

You're right. I think it was the highlight of my sister's trip. She was a little worried that she bored you guys. Though she did think that Bobby's cute, I will state again that she just turned 19.

Anonymous said...

You mean the same new math that Jiff uses?

--T