Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Bits O' Music

I was originally planning to put up a live version of Twilight Singers song from the new DVD of theirs I got. Then I came across this blog post. I assumed that Bloc Party was a band that most people who stay current in music have heard of, which is why I never really thought of putting a song of theirs up. I guess they aren't as close to the mainstream border as I thought. So, it's a Bloc Party song today. I apologize now to Bob, since I know he's not a fan of this 80's retro dance rock. To me there is something that I think separates The Bloc Party from the likes of Franz Ferdinand or Interpol and especially The Killers. Perhaps it's the urgency in their music, or that the music leans more on the post-punk side than the dance side. Most likely it's probably just their very good rhythm section. Their drummer is quite good.

Bloc Party-Like Eating Glass-Silent Alarm

If you are an artist or artist representative being featured on this blog and want me to take down a song, let me know, and it will be removed from the server immediately.

1 comment:

MOL Junior said...

i am typically 100% alt.country but i have dialed in HARD to the killers.