Sunday, February 05, 2006

So-so Bowl Ramblings and Questions

So much happened in Super Bowl XL, yet it was such an ugly game. The Steelers did barely enough to win, and the Seahawks did just enough to lose. How many big plays did the Seahawks have called back because of penalties (real and imaginary)?

It should be said that though I had money on the Steelers I was rooting for the Seahawks. I always root for the underdog. That really screwed up my watching the game. My heart and wallet were tearing me in two. At least they would’ve if it wasn’t such a frustrating game.

Did the team even let you back into the locker room Mr. Stevens?

I was disappointed when I went online to vote for the MVP and Referee wasn’t listed as an option.

How was Randall El able to keep playing after that hit he took on that kick return?

I’m pretty excited about the potential of the new reality TV show, Knight School on ESPN. I think it would’ve been better if it took place about ten years ago.

Why in the post-game coverage did nobody mention Holmgren not shaking Cower’s hand after the game? Sure, you got slightly screwed by the refs Mr. Holmgren, but that’s not Cower’s fault.

The local news on ABC just spent ten minutes explaining their move to HD television. I love local news!

I have never witnessed so much man-love for an athlete as I have for Bettis?

Am I the only one that thinks the Diet Pepsi slogan “,Brown and Bubbly,” is umm…ill conceived?

Was anyone else annoyed in the ESPN phone commercial that Juan Pierre stole base going left to right? Yeah. I thought I was the only one.

I can’t wait till NFL films makes this game seem more exciting.

2 comments:

MOL Junior said...

too bad you couldn't find anyone to take that bet.

Bradford said...

Am I gonna have to call my people?