Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Do You Know What M.U.S.C.L.E. Stands For?

Way back in October I wrote a post about toys of my childhood. It seems I've forgotten one of my biggest toy addictions in middle school. They where only beaten out by my G.I. Joe and Star Wars collection. What could possibly keep pace with such classic toys? Only those Millions of Unusual Small Creatures Lurking Everywhere!That's right! M.U.S.C.L.E. They're pink, and they're wrestlers, and they're weird. My brother, our friend Andrew, and I collected numerous of these little figures. How bad did this collecting get? Not only did I have around a hundred of these, but I had the wrestling ring. But that's not all! I also had the Nintendo video game.

















It blew chunks, but my brother and I played it to death. My favorite part was that sometimes the ropes of the ring were electrified.
So when you threw your opponent into the ropes, he would go into seizures while he was electrocuted. The lame finishing moves were wonderfully awful as well. I think I need to call my Dad and see if he kept any of these.

No comments: