Monday, March 03, 2008

Ramblings (Basbeall Season is Upon Us! Hello? Where Did Everyone Go Edition?)

I'm so excited at how this final season of The Wire is shaping up. I was a little concerned with the homeless story line, but it is all coming together so nicely. Of course the fact that I wrote "final season" is a bit of a bummer. I'm totally hooked now on this OnDemand. HBO makes the new episodes of The Wire available a week early which makes Mondays bearable.

Speaking of TV. The flash forwards on Lost have completely saved show and was a brilliant move by the writers. Unlike Heroes, the strike might have actually helped Lost, because they seem so honed in and moving the plot along because they don't have to try to fill a full season.

Unfortunately, it looks like the strike might have put an end to Friday Night Lights. If a couple years from now you Netflix the series and end up realizing its brilliance, don't come telling me I was right. I don't want to hear it because you will be two years too late.

We are a little over a week away from the American Idol's final 12. I will be back blogging again about the show, but other than readership spikes I have no idea why it even matters. We already know that David Archuleta is going to when. Have you heard how loud the pre-teen girls squeal when even his name it uttered? It would take some monumental scandal or Paula Abdul actually killing him with love for him not to win. Worst idol season ever? Maybe.

Almost four weeks and still no caffeine intake.

I'm really enjoying The Mae Shi's new album.


Looking forward to The Gutter Twins album tomorrow and the concert April 2.

I recently started a new workout program. It's called Rock Band Drummer. Playing drums for an hour works everything. Well everything except my left leg. The next Rock Band needs double kick drums so I can get the complete workout.

Finally, I will end this post with some practice shots I took with the wonderful Diana+ camera Ben, Julie, and Ella gave me for Christmas.

1 comment:

bobby said...

That picture of me, reminds me of this:

http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/peanuts/meet_the_gang/images/meet_schroeder_big.gif