Saturday, June 25, 2005

Song Of The Week 6/26-7/1/205

A few years ago my coworkers and I would offer up old favorites or new discoveries for each others enjoyment. Unfortunately, once our office moved and coworkers advanced this lit bit of goodness went by the roadside. So, I decided to resurrect it here.

Every Sunday I will offer a song for your enjoyment. My hope is to either introduce you to something new or remind you of past joy. So we begin…

The Records - Starry Eyes - D.I.Y.: Starry Eyes: UK Pop, Vol. 2
This was the original SOTW at work, so it only seems right that this is the first one I offer. A Power Pop gem of catchy goodness. This song is apparently not about a woman, but the bands manager whom they fired.

Also, I believe this should work both ways. If there's a song or band that you would like to recommend for SOTW then please do so through email. I make no promises that it will make it, but I will gladly take a listen.

If you are an artist or artist representative being featured on this blog and want me to take down a song, let me know, and it will be removed from the server immediately.

No comments: