Thursday, March 31, 2005

The Day After

There's nothing like waking up with a fresh mind and getting a second look at who you drafted.
I hate to blame it on one thing, but having my JAVA program lock up really screwed with my mojo. Still it's not awful, but it could have been a heck of a lot better. I need to scrounge up another closer, and pray that Taveras not only clears waivers but actually gets a decent amount of playing time till Berkman comes back in May. My best pick was probably Sanders simply because I got him so late in the draft. My worse was clearly Morris. I have no idea what I was thinking when I drafted him. Things I need to happen for this year to be successful are Dubois to prove to Dusty he deserves to play fulltime, Wood stays healthy, Berkman comes back lighting it up, and Hampton pitches like the second half rather than the first half of last season. Of course whether you like it or not, I will keep you updated.

Twilight Swingers

P Kerry Wood, ChC
P Tim Hudson, Atl
P Al Leiter, Fla
P Matt Morris, StL
P Mike Adams, Mil
P Mike Hampton, Atl
P Chin-hui Tsao, Col
P Yhency Brazoban, LA
P Zach Day, Was
Bench Rheal Cormier, Phi
Bench Chris Hammond, SD
C Michael Barrett, ChC
1B Brad Wilkerson, Was
2B Mark Loretta, SD
3B Aramis Ramirez, ChC
SS Cristian Guzman, Was
OF Corey Patterson, ChC
OF Willy Taveras, Hou
OF Larry Walker, StL
OF Reggie Sanders, StL
OF Terrmel Sledge, Was
2B/SS Chase Utley, Phi
1B/3B Nick Johnson, Was
Util J.D. Closser, Col
Bench Jason Dubois, ChC
IR Lance Berkman* , Hou

4 Days till Opening Day!

Simmons (The Sport's Guy) wrote this nice little column to Cubs fans (He's a Red Sox fan). I actually got slightly misty eyed and have no idea. Trying to picture what it'd be like to watch the Cubs in the World Series I actually cringed. Not the idea of the Cubs in the World Series, but because of Fox's coverage. Just like the Red Sox fans had endure a historical retelling of Babe Ruth every commercial break, Cubs fans will have to deal with goat pictures, that damn black cat, the ball through Leon's legs in '84, and probably a shot of Bartman everytime a foul ball is hit. I shudder. I wish there was a way that Bartman could charge for everytime his image is shown, he deserves better than this.

No comments: