Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Crunch Time!

For all three of my readers on this blog I’m going to be trying something new tonight. As you all may know I have a fantasy baseball team called the Twilight Swingers. I am only doing one team this season well because I dropped $250 on a PSP. Tonight at 9 pm west coast time I have my live draft. In order to give those that may wonder an idea of what happens during a draft I’m going to be doing a running blog during my draft. I don’t know what is going to happen or what I’m going to write, but there is a chance it might be slightly entertaining. It could also be a horrendous disaster, but that can still be entertaining, right?

To begin thing off let me give you a little background and info on my fantasy team. I go through ESPN’s fantasy website to play. I am in a National League only 5x5 rotisserie keeper league. In a keeper league, at the end of the season each owner selects five players from their roster that they want to keep for the upcoming season. This year I kept:

Kerry Wood - Pitcher
Aramis Ramirez – 3rd baseman
Tim Hudson - Pitcher
Corey Patterson - Outfielder
Brad Wilkerson - Outfielder

Yes, I know three out the five are Cubs. My game plan tonight is to stock up on hitters in the early rounds. With Wood and Hudson as my pitchers I can wait a bit to think about drafting another pitcher. Ramirez is my only true slugger so I have to get some bats early on. We’ll see how that goes. So come back every now and then and see what happens. Or just wait till tomorrow and read it all at once. Or just wait awhile till a non-baseball post shows up. But, I hope to see you tonight.

No comments: