Saturday, August 13, 2005

Bits O' Music

After a lengthy search I finally got hold of The Go! Team EP that was sold exclusively during their Australian tour. Three of the songs ("We Listen Everyday," "The Ice Storm" and "Hold Yr Terror Close") are B-sides from previously released singles. There is also a re-recorded single version of "Bottle Rocket" which I assume will be similar to the U.S. remixed version. The main differences between this version and the original is that due to the U.S.'s stricter sampling laws their rapper Ninja sings the sampled rap in the U.K. version. This new version is much cleaner sounding which I think takes away a little bit of the charm of the album. That homemade kitchen sink sound is lost. There are two previously unreleased tracks, "Did You Feel It Too?" and "We Just Won't Be Defeated." "Did You Feel It Too?" sounds like it belongs on Thunder, Lightning, Strike. It is though missing that "80's action" kick. I am still digging it, so that's what I'm posting.

The Go! Team-Did You Feel It Too?-Are You Ready for More: The Go! Team Australian Tour .... EP


If you are an artist or artist representative being featured on this blog and want me to take down a song, let me know, and it will be removed from the server immediately.

No comments: